Sunday 8 May 2011

I discover Trilogy! The Cream Cleanser and How to use it


As it got colder I found it harder and harder to keep my skin moisturized with my normal foaming cleanser and rose hip oil (RHO) as my moisturizer. This is probably because RHO is slightly exfoliating (due to the Vitamin A that’s in it), and I know some people layer moisturizer over RHO, but I held back for fear that it might be too rich and break me out.

As I was starting to get that tight, skin stretched thin feeling after cleansing, I decided it was time for a change!

Having previously tried the Oil Cleansing Method last Winter and somewhat liking it, I toyed with using an oil cleanser again.
However, while using RHO I didn’t want to put oil on oil…it just seemed like, well, too much oil!

But then I discovered Trilogy's Cream Cleanser! Trilogy is a New Zealand skincare brand (so a fellow antipodean!) heavily centered around rose hip oil.

Trilogy's description:
“With pure plant oils and extracts this cleanser delivers soft, clear, completely clean skin and gently removes eye make up. This cleanser is a true beauty product; it does more than just remove makeup and impurities from face and eye. Its emollient action leaves skin supple and is the perfect preparation for your skin, morning and night. Includes nourishing Rosehip and Evening Primrose oils and Aloe Vera to moisturise and soften your skin.”


I must say, it’s quite possibly the best cleanser I’ve ever used!

It’s cream, so it removes all my makeup (like the oil cleansing method) in one step, but doesn’t leave as much oil residue.

For AUD $36 you get 200ml in a large glass pump bottle, which looks lovely in my bathroom, and a little bit goes a long way.

I do use it a bit differently from the instructions on the bottle, with fantastic results! 
What I do is:
  • Remove eye makeup with eye makeup remover. 
    • (While this cleanser is supposed to remove eye makeup, I find I don’t like massaging the cream into my eyelids)
  • Then I splash some water on my face (with full makeup on) and then pump half a pump (or 2 pea-sizes) and massage that WELL into my face, makeup and all
  • I then wet a cotton pad in warm water and squeeze it dry
    • it’s essential to use good quality ones – so you don’t end up with cotton fibres everywhere, I use Swisspers
  • Then use the damp cotton pad to wipe the cream cleanser off my face, repeating with as many cotton pads as needed –
    • this is my lazy, time-saving way of the ‘use a muslin facecloth to remove cream cleanser’ method (I hate laundering facecloths…)
    • it’s also extremely satisfying to see the makeup come off on the cotton pads
    • and I feel like the cotton pads are exfoliating as well! (make sure they are damp, as dry cotton pads I find are too abrasive)
  • Rinse face after

Bronzer and blush, post Cream Cleanser! Eww, right?? but oh so satisfying to see it come off!

My skin is soft, clean and I never have that tight feeling after cleansing. The cotton pads are convenient, and I feel like the warmth of the hot water dampened cotton pad opens up my pores for a deeper cleanse, while the physical action of wiping it off is exfoliating.

On lazy days though, when I’m in a hurry, and when I’m not wearing as much makeup, or if I run out of cotton pads… I simply wash off the cream cleanser after massaging it in!

I also bought the Trilogy Vital Moisturising Cream (AUD $39) and Trilogy Moisturising Shampoo (AUD $20), reviews to come :)

Where to buy: www.trilogyproducts.com, Myer, Pricelines…and many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment