Thursday 5 May 2011

Cremestick Fantastic: MAC Cremestick swatches

My favourite lipliner is my MAC Cremestick in Gingerroot.

The MAC Cremesticks are great lip liners – gliding on all soft and buttery, with great staying power. My lips never feel dry, and they give me great colour without making me flaky (I always colour in and blend my lipliner). 
Gingerroot is my favourite cremestick colour – the perfect fleshy pink that blends in exactly with my natural lip colour, making my lips look naturally defined (no feathering!) under a slick of gloss – instant polished glamour!

So when I ran out recently and went to repurchase it was to my great dismay that Gingerroot has been discontinued!

MAC has all these new colours in the same buttery cremestick formulation, so I set out to find my Gingerroot equivalent.



Here they are in all their colourful glory! For reference, I’m an NC25-30 (with some yellow undertones – I’m asian) – and my swatch pictures are all taken outside in natural light.

The first lot of swatches! aren't they pretty :)
The second lot of swatches, the first MAC I went to didn't have all of them! Note that I've put Red Enriched in the secoond one again to compare with the first swatch, in case there are lighting differences (different time of day - I got distracted slightly playing at the MAC counter...)

Hope you find your perfect cremestick colour too!

Just to show you how long they last - here is what they look like after a day spent under my sleeve - with my sleeve rubbing on them - about 6 hours after I'd swatched. The photo is yellow tinged because I took it indoors so the colours aren't accurate!

Faded slightly, but not bad after 6 hours of rubbing!

Oh, and the winner for closest-to-Gingerroot and my NEW favourite cremestick?? Sublime Culture. Welcome to my makeup bag :)

MAC Cremestick in Sublime Culture


MAC Cremesticks (AUD $34)
- MAC counters or www.maccosmetics.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment