Saturday 7 May 2011

How to: Apply Rose Hip Oil for maximal effect


In my last post I talked about Rose Hip Oil (RHO) and whether it does all it claims to do (on me) – read it here if you haven’t yet!

In using RHO, I think it’s essential to apply it the correct way. The brand I use is Kosmea (AUD $24.95 for a 20ml bottle), but there are many others out there.

Applying it wrongly at first (just straight on dry skin like a moisturizer) broke me out, and also I think it’s important to vary the amount of rose hip oil according to your skin (oily, dry, or combination) and according to the weather (if your skin is temperamental like mine and becomes dry in Winter).



The Proper Way (or the way that worked best on me…)

  1. Wash face with usual cleanser
  2. Use toner if that’s what you usually do (I do in Summer but not in Winter)
  3. After toner has evaporated, wet face again by splashing water on it (if you don’t use toner, simply leave your face wet after rinsing off the cleanser)
  4. Put 1-2 drops of RHO on your wet fingertips and rub together
  5. Apply all over wet face, massaging in – the water on your face seems to ‘dilute’ the RHO and help it spread all over your face, ensuring a thin layer is applied evenly


If you find that 1-2 drops is not moisturizing enough, by all means increase that, but I would start with a smaller amount to see just exactly how much you need. After applying I usually leave it to evaporate and my skin ends up moisturized, and after half an hour or so it seems to absorb completely and I end up with baby soft skin for a while!

I only do it as a nighttime treatment, however there are many who do it twice a day.

I also discovered by chance one day that RHO is actually an excellent hand and nail moisturizer! I had put too many drops out and ended up rubbing it all over my hands, and they thirstily absorbed all of it – and ended up super soft.

After a few days of applying it on my hands, I noticed my nails – even after I’d washed my hands the next morning, were really, really shiny, exactly like as if I’d just given them a good buffing. And this shinyness persisted after showers, multiple handwashings etc so I think my nails are just healthier!

Just make sure your hands are wet as well when you apply, and let it fully dry before you touch things (though I don’t always do this).


Hope it works for you too!

1 comment:

  1. hello, it was very amazing and fun reading your whole article. Have a look at haute her for girls

    makeup
    . Thanks

    ReplyDelete