Thursday 5 May 2011

It begins!


After spending most of my time at Uni indulging an obsession with all things beauty, I was thrown into the rigours of full-time work at the end of a long Uni course.

Working a 60-hour week, I needed to take shortcuts with my normal routines so my skin and appearance didn’t start to suffer - combating stress, lack of sleep, and a general lack of time and energy.

The only time I was able to indulge in all things beauty was on occasional weekends, yet with added stress and new inflow of income my makeup collection grew! I convinced myself I needed it for retail therapy...

Coming from a scientific background and job, I tended to research every product thoroughly before spending my hard earned money on it, and then would talk to my sisters or friends and expound the pros and cons of each product before buying it. (Well, there are impulse buys, I admit.)


This blog is a chronicle of my love affairs with the gazillions of beauty products we are lucky enough to have available – funds permitting, and like love affairs they don’t all end in happy-ever-after! It's also my way to let off steam after a long day at work :)

My philosophy that looking good should be easy, and this blog will hopefully be one to help busy working girls (or the even busier full time mums) sift through what’s face-worthy and what’s not :)

After all, if you look your best confidence ensues and success in life follows! (Or so I tell myself anyway everytime I buy something… new NARS blush? JUSTIFIED!)

No comments:

Post a Comment